First conceived by I-am associates for a competition to reinvent the humble beach hut (now celebrated by the annual ‘Bathing Beauties Festival’) the original design in timber and aluminium had not fared so well in the harsh coastal climate.
A sensuous scoop of smoothly curving Corian®, the new hut was fabricated using highly skilled 5 axis CNC thermoforming by experts Whitehead Commercial Interiors. Predominantly in the warm Cameo White, Jabba II also features ‘rock candy’ stripes in Bougainvillea, Blooming Green and Graphic Blue, created via inlaying techniques.
The works comprised:-
- Producing the complex moulds to create the organic shapes with our 5 axis CNC.
- Thermoforming the complex shapes.
- Seamless construction with inconspicuous joints.
- Cameo White Corian with Bougainvilled, Blooming Green and Graphic Blue stripes.
- Transportation to site and Installation.