Nestled in the village of Rowsley at the Peak Village retail park is Chatsworth’s new flagship destination café, Chatsworth Kitchen.
Working with retail consultant Lady Burlington to create something very different from what is on the traditional high street and shopping centres was the challenge for our design team.
Taking our inspiration from the old kitchen at Chatsworth House gave us an opportunity to create an interior that blends heritage artefacts with a modern and fresh approach, it needed to balance traditional country charm with a contemporary feel and be welcoming, informal, fun and even a little quirky in places.
Sustainability and authenticity have been central to the project, we have re used and repurposed items including chairs doors and panelling and many of the tables have been made from reclaimed flooring from the estate; these together with a variety of pots pans and jelly moulds from the stores and kitchens at the world famous stately home set the scene within this amazing new café and shop experience.
- Working with Lady Burlington and the Chatsworth team to provide design assistance and full interior scheme.
- Full turn key project.
- Bespoke joinery manufacture for servery counter, rear display counter, feature bookcase, retail counter and displays.
- Adapting and repurposing original items to provide panelling, screens, doors, tables and chairs.
- Solid surface counter tops.
- Feature fixed seating.
- Feature upholstery works.
- Polishing works.
- Contract furniture.
- Reclaimed furniture.